Thursday, April 12, 2012

Help - boomkin issues

[:1]I am serously having DPS issues with the boomkin.
I have added some new gear, reforged, glyphed.

Don't know what I am missing??

I have played the hunter and mage without any issues.

looking forward to Diablo 3, but in the meantime, getting very frustrated with my Druid.

any help on the spell rotation would be appreciated.
I do ok, then my spell power burns out, and gets lower than any other class that I have played.

right now I do the following: add dots, then wrath x3, moonfire, etc. repeat.
I did some forum searching and google searching.
just figured, you guys would know.
Read the sticky.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2721372177
thanks! that sticky is extremely good.
I made sure to bookmark it.

just one last question.
will this work ok for a rotation?
IS -> MF -> wrath x2 -> starsurge -> wrath til eclipse,
then treant, fiery fire, etc,
then repeat
IS -> MF -> wrath x2 -> starsurge -> wrath til eclipse,

Later, I will better understand the mechanics of this toon.
just want to get started without annoying the group, and doing some decent DPS.

thanks again for the help.
www.noxxic.com


just one last question.
will this work ok for a rotation?
IS -> MF -> wrath x2 -> starsurge -> wrath til eclipse,
then treant, fiery fire, etc,
then repeat
IS -> MF -> wrath x2 -> starsurge -> wrath til eclipse,

Later, I will better understand the mechanics of this toon.
just want to get started without annoying the group, and doing some decent DPS.

thanks again for the help.


You don't need to Faerie Fire anymore unless you're specifically asked to. Melee typically provides that debuff. I would just use treants on cd.

Spec

Your spec is not correct. I would just say copy my spec. You always want Natural Shapeshifter and Master Shapeshifter in the resto tree. You never want Lunar Shower.

Glyphs

Prime: You want wrath, insect swarm and moonfire. Starsurge is probably a dps loss for you with your gear limitations. It's good when you can line up having starfall with every lunar eclipse, but you'll be pushing eclipses so slow in your gear that that won't be a problem.

Major: You want Starfall and Rebirth. You can fill the 3rd with your personal choice. On fights where you get to hug the boss you want focus. On fights where you might be max distance you don't want focus.

Minor: The only required one is Unburdoned Rebirth. It's a must. The other 2 are personal choices.

Gear

I'm not sure why you got the JP cloth wrists but they are a no no. You need 100% leather. Leather is always a dps gain. The 5% bonus you get to int. gets higher as your gear gets better. I'm not going to go piece by piece but 1) you want to be hit capped>HASTE. Haste on every piece of gear is optimal. 2) The only pure gem you use is Int. If you want a yellow gem you want Reckless Ember Topaz. Meta Gem you want the Burning Shadowspirit Diamond.

That should get you started.
Khalador's got some good info for you.

As far as rotations that sticky is pretty spot on so read it, learn it, and love it.

Gear... Usually when i'm gearing up a toon i run heroics til my eyes bleed, preferrably the new ones once your ilevel is high enough so that you can get some free 378's. As you dungeons replacing your worst gear with the 378's you can buy from justice points. Your Chromium coaster trinket is pretty worthless as a caster dps, if you have some gold find a Darkmoon Card Volcano, it's still really good until you get into Dragon Soul. Also once you hit a 372 ilevel start doing raid finder every week for your tier pieces and yet another upgrade to 384.

Cap your valor every week if you can and use that to buy 397 gear. I reccomend buying a relic and back first since they don't drop in Dragon Soul if you plan on raiding.

Your alchemy is a free 80 intelllect and your herbalism gives you a haste cd to use, so i would recommend maxxing both of those professions too for the gains they provide.
/sigh, i forgot to post under my druid.
Thank you very much!

All of your advice has helped.
I respec'd (copied Khalador), change my spell rotation and added some gear.
My DPS has definitely gone up, even hit a guy at 98k.

still a big work in progress, but got me going in the right direction.


Deleted by Lazerbrain
Your amory still has you quite a bit below the 17% hit cap. reforge your crit to hit, then your mastery to hit.


that cap is a dps necessity. with you throwing so many wraths and starfires, you can't afford to have even one miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment