Thursday, April 12, 2012

Switching to Resto - What to upgrade first?

[:1]Hello all,

I'm making the switch from Kitty to Resto. My question is this: I've got 2200 JP saved up now. What should I upgrade first? Second? Also, how is my spec? Should I take LS and drop Genesis?

On a side note, I got vote kicked 3 times last night at the start of random non-Zandalari heroics due to "The druid's gear sux". Wearing the same gear I've got now. What's with people now-a-days needing a Raid geared healer in easy-!@# heroics?


Thanks!
I would do normal heroics if I was you. Your equipped ilvl is 334. Which isn't the best. You are missing enchants and still using green items. You have low spellpower so unless the group is really good and are willing to deal with it, then you will always be vote kicked. The only reason you was getting into those Troll heroics was your overall. Which is more than possible from your feral gear still in your bags.

Going on to your gear overall. I would go for new gloves or chest. Then whichever one you did not get, get the other. Both are upgrades over what you have. Luckily the legs are really decent and you can hold off on saving the legs for last.

With your spec, it needs work. You will be mainly in 5mans so you will want to pick up dispel. You also have a very low mana pool and will be having problems with mana. Thus I suggest dropping Genesis and picking up 2/3 furor. This will help you out. You can also take that one point out of blessing of the grove and move it to the dispel (Nature's cure). Now, if you feel you want spell damage reduction for 5man, then keep 3/3 Perservance. If you feel you can drop it, move some of those points down to Nature's Bounty. Until you get more power behind your spells and a bigger mana pool, nourish is going to be your friend over healing touch.

Be sure to gem and enchant everything. As I said before, you have little to no enchants, missing the socket for the belt.

Looking at reforging, I'm slightly confused why you are reforging out of spirit and then back in to spirit. At your gear level, you will want spirit to help you out until you as stated earlier, get a bigger mana pool and more power behind your spells.


Hello all,

I'm making the switch from Kitty to Resto. My question is this: I've got 2200 JP saved up now. What should I upgrade first? Second? Also, how is my spec? Should I take LS and drop Genesis?

On a side note, I got vote kicked 3 times last night at the start of random non-Zandalari heroics due to "The druid's gear sux". Wearing the same gear I've got now. What's with people now-a-days needing a Raid geared healer in easy-!@# heroics?


Thanks!


Chest. Grab your hands next and you're mana issue will practically go away ;)>

Don't take genesis at all. You NEED furor. Get rid of Perseverance put a couple into NB one left for whatever.

You're gear is mixture of greens blues and purples. People can only see 2 things - how you heal in that gear level or inspec'd you without a chance. You could at least run the crap out of normals simply to replace a few more items and get more JP gear.
Thanks for the responses. My point about the Regular Cata Heroics is that they drop ilvl 346 gear. My equipped ilvl is 334 which is exactly where I should be to start heroics. I've healed heroics just fine but I was making the point that people seem to require raid geared healers in heroics.

No comments:

Post a Comment