Saturday, April 21, 2012

Bears: What do you take as your offspec?

My offspec is currently balance, but I'm considering changing it to cat and just using my tank-reforged feral gear because it's ~15-20 item levels ahead of my balance gear. In LFR, at least, I do about as much dps in my bear spec in catform as I do in balance spec and moonkin form. It might also save me some gold on balance gear, though I do enjoy moonkin.

Do other bears find it effective to just play cat spec with tank-reforged gear? Or do you prefer to play a different spec entirely and gear it separately?
My primary spec is bearcat, and my secondary spec is either pure bear or pure cat depending on the progression boss we're working on, pre-DS it was Restoration, but my raid doesn't need me to OS Resto anymore

My gear is all bearcat reforged. If you are interested in bearcat playstyle, you can check out the guide here: http://theincbear.com/dragon-soul-bearcat-guide
Basically what Tangedyn said. But if you want your raid to be happy they will most likely want boomkin due to the fact that everyone wants ranged>melee.
Bearcat / PvP
The way I play, my primary spec is pure bear. I used to go bearcat, but I am just on the fence about whether or not my pure-bear gear (that I plan to keep that way for now) will still be more effective in a pure-cat spec than my moonkin gear/spec (which is ~362 ilevel [edit: and only pumps out ~15k in LFR, which I can do in bear gear/spec and catform]).

Edit: I actually registered on the inconspicuous bear last week, just haven't gotten around to reading it very much. I've been a Maintankadin poster for a long time but I've gotten back into using this alt recently so I figured I might as well get reading on some of the bear stuff.

bearcat and then i rotate the 2nd between pure dps, pure tank, and feral pvp.


I'm resto with a bear offspec. *shrugs* I do keep gear sets for all four specs though in case for some reason my raid needs a boomkin or a kitty, but that hasn't been the case in a long time. I think resto/boomkin or bear/kitty are the easiest to manage because of cross applicable gear, but really you can pick whatever you like best if you're at the point where your raid is sharding most of the drops or giving them to people's offspec.
I'm bear with kitty off spec. it's just how i play. i can't seem to grasp boomkin so i just stopped bothering with it
Bearcat with emphasis on Bear, and Bearcat with emphasis on Cat. At the beginning of this expansion, I abused our ability to be both tanks and ranged DPS. It was very nice, considering how the first two raids favored ranged DPS so heavily.
I swap between cat and balance. I usually stay as cat since I hate swapping flasks mid-raid and wasting my 4hr flask buff.

I keep seperate tank and dps gear sets. My cat gear is mostly what I was using for my tank set before I got an upgrade (cat is quite useful in that sense) e.g. my tank set has the 397 T13 shoulders while my cat set has the 384 T13 shoulders. My balance set is obviously completely different from my bear and cat sets.
I'm dueled spec for feral. My main is kind of hybrid; mostly dps for pvp. my second spec is strictly feral tank. although I don't tank much anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment