Thursday, April 19, 2012

Hybrid Gem/enchants?

I dropped resto because its simply not fun for me anymore. I don't think I ever enjoyed the new healing model or the druid changes. No, I'm not saying its difficult. Its just not fun.

I've been playing cat dps the last few days and I'm thoroughly surprised at how much fun im having because I've always been a tank or heals kind of player.

My question is this:

I'd like to turn feral dps into my primary but I need to be able to keep a viable tank for guild related activities. Is it possible to gem and enchant in a way that makes them both viable? I'd rather not collect a whole second set of gear because of enchants and gems and I dont want to gimp one for the other

I could swap out the yellow +dodge gems for +mastery gems, and that wouldn't be too big of a hit. Then I could go straight agi after reaching the meta activation and that wouldn't be too bad, I don't believe.

I wouldn't mind reforging periodically for the big stuff, obviously dodge is a bear thing.

Besides the meta gem the only thing that's really got me thinking how viable this actually is would be the enchants.

there's no way I'm keeping stacks of enchants.

I'm using 2 ramp up agi trinkets for tanking, so if I dropped the bear meta for a cat meta and swapped stam bracers for agi I would have to use a stam trinket to make up for the loss of hp in my current set of gear.

The bonus from all this stuff really only helps after its all added up as I see it, even if the main stat they share is agility.

There's no possible way I can do this on one set of gear without gimping both spec's, is there?
Gem straight agility for EVERYTHING.
Try to get 2 helms, otherwise carry 2 stacks of metagems.

Reforge priorities (assuming hit and exp not capped)
Cat: Mastery=Crit=Exp=Hit=Haste > Dodge
Bear Mitigation: Dodge > Mastery > Crit=Exp > Hit > Haste
Bear DPS: Expertise > Hit > Crit > Haste > Mastery=Dodge

So you have to find the best balance for yourself.

Generally, the preferred reforge strategy is to go with Mastery Expertise and Crit
I chose something more unorthodox for myself and am going with Expertise Hit and Dodge.. you can probably guess why!
Hit Cap.
Gem Agility.
Reforge Mastery.

Have 2 helms to switch out metas.
Have 2 sets of trinkets.

No comments:

Post a Comment