Saturday, April 14, 2012

My haste completely sucks.

[:1]I swear, on every piece of gear that doesn't have haste on it, I reforge to haste. I didn't think I had that many pieces without haste, but looking at people with the same ilvl as me, it seems as if they have nearly 800 more haste than me.

Do I have the absolute worst balance gear in the world? Could my lack of haste be affecting my dps/how many ticks my dots have?

I just feel like I'm not doing that great this patch, compared to everyone else. And I'm wondering if it is because of the gear I've chosen and if I should try to go with more gear that has haste this patch.
It looks like just the gear choices you have atm.

And to answer your question....yes. The lack of haste COULD be affecting how many ticks the dots have. I don't know the 'breakpoints' though, so I couldn't tell you if you are hitting any certain one or not. I myself think I might have too much haste.

Edit: From the sticky.....


Haste
This is our best secondary stat for the time being. All other secondary stats should be reforged into haste when possible (assuming you are hit capped).

128.05 haste rating = 1% spell haste

Haste breakpoints where we gain extra DoT ticks (3/3 Genesis and Moonkin Form):
11th tick - 1423
12th tick - 2776 - 743 w/NG
13th tick - 4139 - 1929 w/NG
14th tick - 5486 - 3101 w/NG

>>>Why you should do anything possible to get Dark Intent from your local warlock.
With Dark Intent, the above numbers change to look like this:
12th tick - 2322 - 349 w/NG
13th tick - 3646 - 1500 w/NG
14th tick - 4954 - 2637 w/NG
Your haste rating makes me sad :(
Every time you have to reforge an item to haste, that item is 60% down on whatever haste it could have:

Your helm is horrid, imagine if you had the one from Mannoroth - 252 haste on that (even if the 2nd stat is crit) that'd be 190 additional haste over what you've got atm

That's the kind of example in how your gear lacks haste.

Helm, Neck, Wrist, Legs, Ring 2, OH are all missing haste on them. If one item can add 150 haste, that's a potential 900 haste you're missing.

Some of those might be hard to get haste on, such as neck unless you get a DS/VP one, but the rest:
Helm - Mannoroth (WoE)
Wrist - BoE from the ah (Glowing Wing Bracers)
Legs - Asira (HoT)
Ring 2 - There are 2 haste rings from the quest line, one is hit and the other spirit with haste
OH - I dont believe good OH's have haste on them, so this is going to be like the neck until you learn to embrace staves and leave rubbishy one handers to shamadins.

Overall, get your gear sorted before worrying about dps.

No comments:

Post a Comment