Saturday, April 21, 2012

Boomkin Weapon Help

Currently I am using Vagaries of Time with Ledger of Revolting Rituals. My group is getting to Madness this week, and I was wondering if Rathrak, the Poisonous Mind drops would it be worth getting. It looks like it would be an int loss, and I would lose secondary stats, but from I've been told the proc is buffed with our solar eclipse. So would it be worth getting? I should also mention that it would most likely cause me to lose my 3101 haste breakpoint.
Are you carrying a group?
I'm just not sure how a 398 Balance druid hasn't killed Madness WITH a 15% nerf.

Rathrak makes up for the loss in stats on any fight with adds, for single target stick with Vagaries. (If I'm wrong, anyone can correct me. That's based off of some simming I read at the beginning of the expansion.)

Regardless of that though, if you're doing your rotation even half right, you're not the problem. You're probably the outlier in a pre-madness group.
Deleted by Zultani
I was in a pretty good guild on alliance side a while back, and we got to madness back in december. I think like 2 weeks after the 4.3 patch came out, but the guild was full of a bunch of BLEEPS, and the guild leader became inactive, and refused to give up power. He knew that after 30 days of inactivity blizzards systems would automatically give the leadership to another high ranked member of the guild, so he would stay logged out for 27-28 days, and he would log in on the last day to refresh the cycle. So I just left the guild and was guildless for a while which made it so I never got my madness kill on this toon(got it on my dk alt), Now that I found a new guild I am leading some friends who have not done DS before. They have made a lot of progress, and are getting ready to down madness. As far as DPS goes, yeah I'm an outlier on the high end, but that doesn't really matter they all are doing quite well.

Enough of my guild story. Back to the original question. I am worried that my DPS will drop significantly with the Deathwing dagger because I will lost my 3101 haste breakpoiint. I want to know if the proc is worth it. If what you say is correct than I will most likely take the dagger if it drops, and I am lucky enough to win the roll.
3101 haste breakpoint is only good if you play properly. Don't clip Lunar DOTs until they're about to fall off, and don't clip Solar DOTs if they will last you into Lunar Eclipse. Worst case scenario you go a couple seconds without rolling DOTs. Rathrak does not benefit from haste, pretty sure, and I don't think any simulators have properly gauged the effectiveness of it. In my opinion, I would advise you grab Rathrak if possible. You'll gain more spell power and the proc isn't bad at all.
I am worried because my dps has shot up quite a bit since I got to the breakpoint. I don't want it to fall. However I trust your judgment, and if you say I should get it I will then. :D Thanks Cyous

No comments:

Post a Comment