Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Feral DPS Stat Values

Hello everyone,

I've been looking for a good program to calculate my personalized stat values for awhile because Mew's doesn't work for me and today I found SimulationCraft. I got my stat values and they are:
Agi----------AP----------Exp--------Hit---------Crit-------- Haste-------Mastery-------- Wdps
4.3057-----1.5580-----1.2841-----1.3874-----1.4910-----1.3747-------1.4273-------- 6.5371

The first thing I noticed was it says Crit>master>haste and I thought it was mastery>haste>crit. Is this because I have so much haste that I should work more to even out crit/haste or am I okay.

My dps isn't terrible or anything. I regularly get anywhere from 2nd to 4th in Damage Done/DPS in Raid Finder but I'm just looking for advice.

Thanks
All three of the secondary stats are very similar in stat values. Keeping them all close to each other should eek out a bit more dps (sticky writers and theorycrafters correct me if I'm wrong).

With Dargon Soul gear, haste will become more powerful, and a trinket like Matrix Restabilizer that needs haste to be top to proc haste will also change how you adjust your stats. Haste will also help fit in more Ferocious Bites and more clearcasting procs, so it's pretty awesome.

So long as you don't have like 2k of one stat and 300 of the others you should be fine.
If you give me more details about Mew not working for you I can help you with that.
The fact that SimCraft gives different values for Hit and Expertise tells me either you or SimCraft is doing something wrong.

Generally the values are close enough that you shouldn't worry too much about optimizing because it's not going to make a difference. Just make sure you don't overcap hit or expertise. If you intend to use the same gear for tanking, then favour Mastery, Expertise and Crit over the others.

Balancing the stats don't necessary give the best results. While some stats do make other stats better when you have more of it, that's not true for all stats.
On mew the problem is when I upload my character and simulate, the stat values tab stays blank.

As for my stats, I don't go for my hit/exp cap at all and I was just wondering if anyone thinks my iLvl is high enough for me to stack haste >mastery or is that never the case?
On mew the problem is when I upload my character and simulate, the stat values tab stays blank.

As for my stats, I don't go for my hit/exp cap at all and I was just wondering if anyone thinks my iLvl is high enough for me to stack haste >mastery or is that never the case?


That's because the option for RSVs are disabled by default because 99% of the users of Mew don't understand RSVs and how to use them properly, which results in misinformation getting spread. If I were you, I would leave them off, since you are probably not the 1%.

No comments:

Post a Comment