Thursday, April 19, 2012

Need PvP feral keybinding help.

Everything I have tried so far has sucked lol

My biggest problem is finding a way to get into any form I need instantly. I can't find a good way to manage cat form, bear form, caster form and travel form.

I currently use dominoes and I think I've found a nice key layout but getting all the abilities I need to use in comfortable spots is a real pain.

I have:

[Shift] + 1 2 3 4 5 A S D F G
[Ctrl] + 1 2 3 4 5 A S D F G
[none] + 1 2 3 4 5 A S D F G

The nomod bar changes with bear, cat and caster form.

These are 30 keybinds I feel comfortable hitting at any time. 1-5 and A-G because they mirror each other. I have 2 side mouse buttons and a middle mouse button that I can click but can't roll (it's broken).

I'm basically looking for vague tips but more specific advice is welcome. Feel free to share your set up and why it works for you. :D

I'll always prefer, when casting nature spells, to have the cast break the form rather than canceling the form then casting. I find that difficult to deal with as well.
i use a razor naga so keep that in mind, 1-12 on the side is much easier to hit than 7 through the = on the keyboard.

but i use * 1-12, shift + 1-12, ctrl + 1-12, alt +1-12, and the question you were having is

druid forms, i use, ctrl+alt+1-5 (6) (depending on which spec)

and with dominoes like you said you run, you should be able to assign your bars to match your forms, ie, mangle is 1 in cat but in caster it may be rejuv.

edit.... the word really was shift
Try using Z, X, C, and V.

Z and V at least. V is very reachable by thumb (its actually my form shift) and Z can be used with a pinky.
My problem isn't finding enough key binds. I have plenty.

My problem is mapping out feral abilities in a way that's reasonably fluid for pvp.

Mostly form management and heal, root, hibernate, cyclone management.

=\
I use F1-F5 for forms - in the order they're in on the class bar. Since my left hand is up there anyway (QE are strafe for me), they're pretty comfortable for my small hands, and I only have a 4 button mouse. (Actually, there's 5, but I can't reach the left side 5th button with my pinky comfortably, so I gave up on it.)
` (SkullBash macro that works based on my form)
1-6 + RFVTB for regular skills so far
G - random key for Natures Grasp

(Those are just the keys for the bars that change with my forms - so depending on the form I'm in, those are the set that are active.)

You can see an (extremely) OLD version of what my UI looks like here: http://noyoki.com/PVP/ui1.jpg - It still looks like that, just the keybinds are all different now. (Not 1 through = anymore.)

I also use a mouseover macro (Ctrl + 4th mouse button) for Cyclone, and a Healbot setup for most of my healing spells, though I will probably eventually switch to Clique full time, I'm just used to looking at Healbot atm.

I'm currently working on Shift + that combo for CDs like Barkskin, SI, Berserk, etc. (I've been slowly retraining myself on my keybinds for the past month or so... I'm still adding as I get more and more comfortable with the binds I have.)

I'm also working on another mouseover for roots.

Keys like the reply function have been relegated to Ctrl + r, or bags are Ctrl + b.
I use 'E' for Skull bash (macro for different forms), then 1-5, Shift 1-5, Alt 1-5 for normal abilities, middle wheel button for mouseover Focus, 'F' for Maim in Cat and Lifebloom in Caster (macro), 'G' for Cyclone (macro for focus or mouseover). Like Tas, I use F1-F5 for forms although I have Cat form also bound to Alt-'Q' (normal 'Q' is empty). I too have small hands (but wear size 14 shoes) so need everything in a compact area on the keyboard. I tried using my G13 about 10 times now to see if I could get used to that and keep giving up after a short amount of time. With the next patch tomorrow, I should try it again.

I change this often, but it is how it is currently. It will probably change again next week when I start RBG/Arena/BGs again.

-Geck-no-o
My keybinds are absolutely ridiculous and my friends laugh at me for it, so this probably won't help. But it's what works for me, sooo.

Ctrfl+asdf for forms (travel, flight, bear, cat)
F is stealth and bash
V is skull bash, both forms
Ctrl+B,V,C,X,Z is SI, Berserk, TF, Dash, and Barkskin respectively
Z is nature's grasp
2345 is mangle, rake, shred, ravage (I don't use 1, I'm not sure why :/)
Ctrl+1,2,3 are finishers; FB, rip, and maim
Ctrl+4 is FC for both forms
= is savage roar, don't ask..
Ctrl+r is stampeding roar
Ctrl+n is trinket

I also have a bunch of crap on my mouse. 1 is cyclone, 3 is focus cyclone, 5 is lifebloom, etc.

I bind things based on how my hands are comfortable, like most other people. I guess I just have freaky hands or something. Things I use often are right by my fingertips, things I use not quite as often are the same keys with a modifier (usually just ctrl, because alt and shift both are awkward for me). Cooldowns have modifiers so I'm less likely to accidentally use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment