Monday, April 16, 2012

Nourish

I've never used Nourish...I've managed pretty well in BGs and five mans and whatnot...but now that I've starting LFRing I'm consistently out-healed and frequently ridiculed...

I suspect that my HoTs are being healed over by "burst healers" if you follow me...Do HoTs continue to tic after a target is at 100% and if so, do you get credit for overheals? (I'm just curious about the mechanics here) Has anyone noticed this happening to them before and would throwing in a Nourish at a health bar down, say 30% stop me from under-performing so badly?

Thank you in advance for any constructive musings,

Bingi
Yes, HOTs ticking on full HP targets do count for overhealing.
However, overhealing is also counted towards HPS in terms of meters. So while your HOT may be ticking on a full target, it counts for both meters.

Not using nourish... I can't speak beyond basics here, since I haven't played Resto since LK. From what I understand, once you get a certain amount of spirit, you actually regen slightly more mana than you spend on casting Nourish-like spells. I know plenty of priests that will spam "Heal" (their version of Nourish) until someone needs something more, simply because it's basically free. It's like eating celery - it takes more calories to process it than the vegetable itself actually has.

Regrowth has a very high mana cost for PVE. For PVP, generally you don't live long enough to spend all your mana, so quick heals are good, but for PVE, it's very different. Most of the time, on my Shaman, I don't use Healing Surge (the shammy equivalent of Regrowth) or Flash Heal on my priest (without one of the free procs), unless someone is about to die and they need a heal NOW. Are you having any mana issues?

That said, if you're using PVP gear in PVE, that could be part of the throughput problem.
nah i just got my pvp spec on right now...thanks for the insights!
I've never used Nourish...I've managed pretty well in BGs and five mans and whatnot...but now that I've starting LFRing I'm consistently out-healed and frequently ridiculed...

I suspect that my HoTs are being healed over by "burst healers" if you follow me...Do HoTs continue to tic after a target is at 100% and if so, do you get credit for overheals? (I'm just curious about the mechanics here) Has anyone noticed this happening to them before and would throwing in a Nourish at a health bar down, say 30% stop me from under-performing so badly?

Thank you in advance for any constructive musings,

Bingi


Let me try and help. Nourish is one of our weakest direct healing spells. But it's usefulness makes up for it's lack-lusterless.

First, it is our bread & butter go to spell for Harmony's upkeep. I can't express how important this is. It's also very mana efficient or neutral and since we need ot keep Harmony as close to a 100% upkeep it's great.

It's a lot like a priest's HEAL spell and keeps one busy topping off minor damage (10kish).

Of course it's no the only spell we use for Harmony, we also use SwiftMend and then Nourish in between it's CD.

As to your healing concerns. If your hots hit first they not other's spells are counting first.

If you're low on the meters it can mean a few things.

Low Gear, low int, low mastery, low harmony upkeep.
Not using spells on CD like WildGrowth, SwiftMend.
Not having really any idea what to cast, when to cast or when to use major CDs like ToL, innervate.
Going Oom
I have been only using ToL for boss fights so I'll try to keep that more constant...

Would you say its a good strategy when spot healing to continue to use Swiftmend, but use Nourish for Harmony procs, and Healing Touch for Clear Casting procs?

Any must have mods for keeping track of Clear Casting and Harmony procs (an audio cue would be nice...usually have my nose buried in my VuhDo grid)? If anyone uses VuhDo If anyone is familiar with VuhDo is there a setting for this? VuhDo does a good job of keeping track of Lifebloom, Rejuv/Regrowth countdowns pretty well.

Lastly...what should a PVE ilvl 384 be hitting for HPS...so I know I'm not doing it wrong...

Once again, many thanks Druid community for holding my "paw" a little, lol.

Bingi

ForteXorcist is pretty good for tracking things.
Deleted by Hatmi

No comments:

Post a Comment