Monday, April 16, 2012

Rogue or Feral

Hey guys
I need some help on deciding, because it's wracking up my mind! My main is a Rogue (Horde) loved playing him to this day, but I wanted to try alliance side of things, start new, an fresh, and see what it's like on the other side.
Anwaysy, I started this druid, thinken' Feral spec would be similar to Sub. So far, i think I kinda like it. It does indeed feel different, but my main concern is; Does Feral have a harder time in pvp than sub rogue? I feel as though it's harder to stay on my target as feral than my rogue.
Survivability, not so much a prob, but does feel lacking when compared to rogue, am I wrong? do things change at 85? Or should I just roll another rogue on alliance side an stick with what I'm used to.

Thoughts and opinions are much needed in helping make this decision.
Right now, in the pvp world, sub rogues are up there with the very best. Overall, I would say that they are certainly stronger in pvp than feral.

As far as commenting on certain strengths and shortcomings, I can't really say much since my only rogue is at lvl 38 haha. As far as staying on target tho, rogues from what I do know, rely more on slowing there target than out running them? Where as feral gets our magle debuff, (I don't think as big a slow as rogues can apply) and our static movement speed increase. However, if this is the approach we're both to use, there are a ton of slows in the game, and only so many times is it worth a gcd or even effective to use the gcd and shift out of it. So if I've got my information right, it would seem that perhaps rogues have it a bit better in this regard.

Don't forget that we do have our two sprints tho as feral, one of which breaks roots and snares and gives a group buff that applies the same benefits to nearby allies.

Rogues I believe in terms of resources also have it a bit better off, I think you guys have better energy regen as well as faster combo point generation. And let's be honest your cc and burst are pretty friggin awesome ;).

In saying all this, don't get me wrong, it's not entirely and apples to apples type comparison. Feral is a really fun spec to play, you have a lot of versatility and to really do well it requires you to do some thinking. It's a very unique play style that I haven't really yet found anything similar too, and I can honestly say that in working at feral it's made me a better overall player.

If you decide to stick with it, I think you'll have lot's of fun come 85 and once you're through the growing pains. Overall in pvp at the moment, no, honestly, I don't think feral is as strong as rogue. In certain situations, we can do as well as a rogue, but rogue's are the stronger of the two in pvp at the moment. Is feral as fun, unfortunately personally I can't say, but I do enjoy the hell out of my feral!
What a great response! ty, I agree, it certainly is a very unique play style which is why I think i'm still drawn to it. Hmm.. a lot to consider, heh. I'll have a decision by the end of the day. ty ty ty!!
Hey guys
I need some help on deciding, because it's wracking up my mind! My main is a Rogue (Horde) loved playing him to this day, but I wanted to try alliance side of things, start new, an fresh, and see what it's like on the other side.
Anwaysy, I started this druid, thinken' Feral spec would be similar to Sub. So far, i think I kinda like it. It does indeed feel different, but my main concern is; Does Feral have a harder time in pvp than sub rogue? I feel as though it's harder to stay on my target as feral than my rogue.
Survivability, not so much a prob, but does feel lacking when compared to rogue, am I wrong? do things change at 85? Or should I just roll another rogue on alliance side an stick with what I'm used to.

Thoughts and opinions are much needed in helping make this decision.


I Have both at 85. My druid is still my main and was my first toon. Depends on what you are looking for out of pvp. The main difference I can think of is Rogues have way more control over there targets and better CD's to control them. Ferals have better dots and Bear for defense situations. In Flag carrying matches where u are the flag carrier Feral wins Hands down. Every other situation they are about the same or Rogues are just a lil better due to there control. but like the other poster said Feral is still pretty fun.
No problemo, you're most welcome. Glad I could be of some help.

No comments:

Post a Comment