Thursday, April 19, 2012

What do you do when being focused?

I dusted off my boomy over the weekend and did some BGs. While it's still in 371 gear I found myself doing pretty well, doing at least 4-5mil damage each game and usually first or second on the charts. (Who cares right?)

What I think I could get better at is knowing what to do when I'm being focused?

I can cast FF, Insect and Moonfire on the go, but Natures Grasp/Roots only gives me time for one Starsurge or Wrath. Right now I kinda Moonfire spam and hope to get an instant Starsurge, but I feel like I could be doing something better.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
I play Feral, so your mileage may vary.

Bear Form(if I'm not already there), Barkskin(because it works pretty much regardless of your CC state), then Survival Instincts, Frenzied Regeneration(unglyphed, unless you have a dedicated healer), and then try to get out of the area.

I guess the only ones that work for you are Bear Form, Barkskin, then FR. You could also use Demoralizing Roar, as that decreases the damage output of your enemies, and I'm a Tauren, so I sometimes will stand still long enough to use Warstomp, because that can stun up to five players in melee range, which is a good distraction, at least.

Do you have the self buff that makes any melee attack root the attacker(3 charges)? Nature's Grace?
Thanks for the response. I'm talking about Balance play primarily. I'm aware of the defensive cooldowns we have- I just don't know what to do damage/cc wise when melee is on me.

Is moonfire spam the right idea?
Bump
If I see them coming I use that spell that roots them when they hit me, barkskin when I get stunned, travel form away if I can, and spam moonfire when I can, starsurge if it procs.

If I don't see them coming I just wait to die.

What I think I could get better at is knowing what to do when I'm being focused?

.



barkskin, typhoon, roots, run away with nature's grasp up. dont forget switching in and out of moonkin will break roots.

other than that boomys dont have much in the way of defense.
I have Moonkin Form bound to "Q" -- Really, the only thing you can do is pop Stampeding Roar, and powershift Moonkin Form and hope for the best.

I don't trust my rocket boosts because they fail every other time I use them. A blue may search my combat logs and confirm this, because it's true. :(
Laying down a shroom trail behind you can buy you at least a few seconds and don't forget to hibernate other druids, shamans or even particularly annoying hunter pets. Using Soothe on warriors and big red hunters can be worth it and using solar beam on death knights can lower some of their damage as well.

Other than that spam moonkin form out of snares and run away. Bear form bash and regen if you have to and try to get some HoTs on yourself as you move.
If I am being attacked... yes I spam alot of moonfire, throw out HOTs, but I spend the majority of the time powershifting to get out of roots/snares..

No comments:

Post a Comment