Saturday, April 14, 2012

Boomkin form and transmog

[:1]Hey guys, I'm aware that there is a thread out there somewhere talking about this but I didn't wanna sift through forums to reply to it and really I just wanna garner attention and hopefully change to an issue that boomkins may be aware of and may/may not want changed.

So from what I gather transmog, it would be pointless for boomkins as I'm sure we would be in lazerchicken form all if not most of the time. I remember someone suggesting on a thread that we could have a minor glyph that would give us benefits of the moonkin form with more option on our appearance and ultimately for us to enjoy the benefits of transmog as well. I know I would really appreciate it if something like this were done so I'm just really trying to get attention of the devs to do something about this.

Here's a link to another thread with a similar query (as proof I'm not the only one hoping for this, you could probably find more if you searched but I was lazy): http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3595340746


I don't know why some of you rolled this class. I rolled it because I love it and i love the lore and the thought of turning into something of nature to fight. I rolled it when there was one spec, and perma-tree form, so I was shape-shifted 90% of the time. That's what this class is about. You can't say you rolled a moonkin to top meters and pwn at pvp, so why did you? To get to 85 and moan about "we can't see our gear". For transmog you can transmog your gear and sit in SW like everyone else will out of form. Then, when the time comes, and the fate of the world needs you, you shift and you show everyone around you why druids are awesome! But no, you want to shift but not look like you shifted so you can see your transmog gear. What in the lore and the history of druids is remotely cool about that? Nothing.

And don't compare what your asking for to shadow priests. People will still know that a shadow priest is a shadow priest, they just lightened it up.

Please stop the moonkin form hate. It's what makes us the only unique looking class in the game.

And I know you're thinking "if you don't like the idea, then don't use the glyph". Tell that to resto druids that loved their tree form.

If they remove moonkin form like they did tree and make it a cd, I'll probably just reroll to something else or go feral full time. The idea of my worgen flailing his arms everytime he casts is sickening. And male night elf casting isn't much better. (yes my avatar is a female, it's a bug with the staff)
Its about to be the 7th, Ive pretty much looked the same for all 7years.. Cat and bear.. Been feral the whole time. Yes they changed the cat and bear models once but i still look the same.

Gear my chieves. none of it matter out side org in my full t2 pvp i look exactly the same as some random bought the game two days ago druid in cat and bear form.

Down fall and crappy part of being a druid. Feral and boomkins are screwed.
Then stop crying and reroll. You aren't screwed, you chose this class!
boohoo. who cares. theres nothing wrong with looking the same. honestly i miss the old cat and bear forms. they were cool. chicken form is amazing, yay!. shut up. stop crying. ZOMG I WANT TREE FORM BACK. dont care. seriously i see more people whining on druid forums then any other class forums. and its all about seeing gear. shapeshifting. i want to see my staff in cat. I want to show off my awsome gear. WHY DID THIS SET OF GEAR NOT HAVE A DRESS BOOOHOOOO I WANT DRESSY. deal with it. get over it.
Guys I'm not saying that they need to remove the moonkin form. They can leave that in for those of you that like it and think it's part of the class. What I'm saying is it would be nice for an alternative for those that wish to be able to transmog.
You are being very shortminded and not really using your head, but I am nice enough to detail why instead of just insulting you and moving on. So here is why a glyph to remove moonkin form would not work, and why transmog isn't an anti-Druid propaganda like so many seem to think.

1. PvP relies heavily on visual cues. There would be massive amounts of whining of Druids repetitively breaking novas and roots by seemingly doing nothing if the graphic for moonkin form was optional.

2. Another visual cue that is important is that moonkin form is immune to a couple different types of CC. Because they can't be hexxed or poly'd their needs to be an indicator of this. Even moreso, shamans need to know if they need to cancel hex to avoid it being resisted and put on cooldown. If you happen to shift while they are casting and are now no longer susceptible to hex then it gets put on CD without them really having an opportunity to react and stop the spell.

3. Transmorg is mainly being set in place so that you can show off your old sets of gear without having to carry them around with you, and without having to worry about forgetting to unequip your classic gear when you need your current gear. Because we can be out of form anytime except for in-combat, we still get this functionality. The only difference is that we can't look at our gear in a fight, but are you doing that anyways? I've usually got so much other stuff to pay attention that I couldn't really wonder about if this staff matches with these gloves during boss fights. Face it, nobody cares what you look like in combat, and nobody is looking or judging you during fights based on your gear's appearance. Just shift out when you save combat and as far as pretty much everybody is concerned you've always been wearing your "cool" transmogged gear.
1. PvP relies heavily on visual cues. There would be massive amounts of whining of Druids repetitively breaking novas and roots by seemingly doing nothing if the graphic for moonkin form was optional.

2. Another visual cue that is important is that moonkin form is immune to a couple different types of CC. Because they can't be hexxed or poly'd their needs to be an indicator of this. Even moreso, shamans need to know if they need to cancel hex to avoid it being resisted and put on cooldown. If you happen to shift while they are casting and are now no longer susceptible to hex then it gets put on CD without them really having an opportunity to react and stop the spell.


Thanks for bringing these up, I didn't think of this but couldn't the glyph just be limited to non-PvP environments, for example just making a note in the tooltip? I'm not trying to push for this irrationally, please don't get me wrong, I'm just asking with the spirit of why not?

Using a corollary, let's take bloodlust/timewarp, it was removed from arenas because it such a powerful ability used at the right time. It's still useable in BGs just not arenas, so why not just limit the glyph?

Deleted by Zexxi

No comments:

Post a Comment