Thursday, April 12, 2012

Hit rate Feral DPS

[:1]Hi question, how important is the hit rate stats in Feral Cat DPS when it comes to raiding? I have read that hit rate should not be prioritized but I am worried that if I lower my hit, it will effect my DPS rate when it comes to raiding. Should I reforge all my hit into mastery or should there be a minimum hit rating required to keep my DPS up.
It's personal preference. I run about 5% hit. Anything lower than that, I start getting annoyed at the amount of misses. It also depends on the encounter. If there's a lot of target switching, being able to get a 5 CP rip on something more quickly (due to not missing ever) will help your overall DPS.

But because we get 80% of the energy refunded on a miss, and most of our DPS (especially with a mastery build) comes from bleeds (rip / rake), hit doesn't affect us as much as other classes.
Every stat when it comes to DPS becomes a matter of preference. Sure, there are number crunchers out there that say "go all Mastery" or "Haste is better with higher gear level", etc... but it really doesn't matter because the value of each is so close, there is no wrong decision.

So, if you like to hit every time you press a button (with the exception of Dodges and Parries if you're not shooting for Expertise as well), then Hit cap (I do!) and roll with it.

Remember, every fight is different and we'd have to reforge/regem/re-equip different stat sets for each encounter to maximize everything, so don't bother and just play what is FUN to you. I personally love capping Hit and Expertise then going gung-ho on Mastery.

And... here comes the number crunchers to say "do this or do that".

-Geck-no-o
I'm at about 4% hit with everything reforged to haste where as I use to be Hit/Expertise capped and I actually do a lot more DPS now.

We get refunded energy on misses so hit doesn't play a huge factor but Konungr has done a lot of testing with different setups and found that HIT/Expertise versus Mastery versus haste are all about the same amount of dps give or take a few hundred dps.
I've found different setups are situational. A lot of your dmg in FL is going to be against adds and they take less hit rating, sometimes multi dotting is better (which would favor mastery/crit), fights where you have to run away are also going to favor mastery and crit. I've found overall mastery/crit wins. I've thrown a lot of gold away reforging and playing around with it. Maybe 4.3 will be different, I havn't looked at the fights at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment